ST0911 internet connectivity issue

Welcome to vitalASC

Moderators: rolf, rscherer, jallen2000

ST0911 internet connectivity issue

Postby cdhoffman13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm

The new ST0911 ran fine for about two weeks but now my wife is having problems with the wifi. It connects to our wifi just fine but then will act as if it is not connected to the internet. Facebook will just show a network error instead of reloading, games that need to connect to the internet (Words with Friends) won't allow for game play, and the browser shows no internet service in spite of full bars in the wifi icon and the wifi settings showing it's connected. It's not a wifi router issue since my android phone, our windows laptop and our wii don't have the same issues. It's not a bandwidth issue since we are rarely connecting more than one of our internet devices to the wifi at a time. Any suggestions?
cdhoffman13

Re: ST0911 internet connectivity issue

Postby cdhoffman13 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 am

I seem to have fixed it. I googled the problem and it seems to be fairly common among android powered tablets for some reason. Since all my other devices worked fine I assumed it wasn't an issue with the router. Well before messing with router settings and setting a static IP address in the wifi options of the tablet I decided to first restart the router just for the fun of it. Unplugged it, let it sit for a minute, plugged it back in. And what do you know, it worked like a charm! No other changes needed. The tablet's now been connecting just fine for the past 3 days.
cdhoffman13

Re: ST0911 internet connectivity issue

Postby vitalpro » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Hello cdhoffman13,

Thank You for sharing with us.

Thank You,

Service Dept
909-839-1985
vitalpro

Return to Welcome to vitalASC